Thu, Apr 13|
Tarot For Beginners
Intuitive Tarot reading for beginners. Maximum, 6 Participants.
Time & Location
Apr 13, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Washington, 3409 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008, USA
About the Event
Join Briget for a two-hour workshop designed with Tarot beginners in mind. Learn in a small group -- a maximum of six (6) seats.
Come prepared to open the doors to the complexities of The Tarot. Arrive knowing that learning the Tarot takes years of dedicated practice.
SUNSOAKED Tarot is a Tarot-reading method developed for intuitive connection with ourselves and (higher)Self-tending. In this experience, you will learn new methods for reading Tarot while increasing your connection with the unifying human story that is Tarot.
This learning session is interactive and collaborative - please be prepared to participate and respectfully share perspectives and insights.
Participants will leave this workshop feeling prepared to learn more independently and practice with greater confidence.
We will all use The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck by Kim Krans to make learning together the most effective.
Option One: Buy your own:
- Purchase The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck at Femme Fatale DC before the workshop - I highly recommend getting acquainted with the deck before we meet.
- Purchase The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck from another seller (please make sure it is the full-size deck, not pocket-sized)
- Purchase the ticket titled “The Experience + My New Deck” – The Wild Unknown deck will be included. The deck will be available to you at the start of Tarot For Beginners.
Option Two: Rent a deck:
- ++ Purchase the ticket titled “The Experience + Deck Rental” – this ticket will include the rental of a used copy of The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck; the deck must be sorted and returned at the end of the workshop.
We will meet one another and share a bit of ourselves and our interests in the Tarot. Then, get into a bit of Tarot theory and practice, intended to increase feelings of psychological safety while working with the Tarot.
We will touch on:
- reading visual languages
- techniques for learning the deck
- intuitive reading cultivation
- cultivating (higher)Self-Ego dialogue
- personal bias-awareness
Please be prepared to take an intellectual and practical look at the Tarot deck, pulling multiple pre-determined readings to learn and practice reading without internalizing the information as “for you” - or feedback from the universe.
This workshop includes opportunities to learn collaboratively with your peers - working together to interpret information.
This workshop is not for you if…
- you plan on reading professionally.
- you’re feeling overwhelmed in life.
- you DO NOT have a support system. (Such as a trusted therapist, person, or group with which you can engage in times of trial.)